PARQ Action – Sudden cardiac arrest prediction and resuscitation network: Improving the quality of care
1st Training School
The PARQ Action is a pan-European network, supported by the EU-COST program, aimed at promoting research and research networks on Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) in its broadest sense, including studies into the underlying causes of SCA and into the treatment of SCA. The PARQ Action is planning its 1st Training School on 15-18 May 2023 in Gargnano (Lago di Garda), Italy. This event will be held alongside the 4th PARQ Consortium Meeting. The Training School is aimed at promoting the development and research of Young Investigators. The Training School will be held in the mornings of 16-18 May 2023 and will be composed of the following 6 modules:
1. Genetics and biology of SCA
2. SCA registries & Guidelines
3. Community and first responders
4. Emergency medical services & dispatch
5. Technology for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
6. Post-resuscitation care
You will present and discuss your own work (either ongoing work or your research plan for work that has not started yet) which relates to one of the 6 modules of your choice. In addition, you will attend all other modules to discuss the presentations of your fellow Young Investigators with them and the Senior Investigators. Moreover, you will discuss the theme of the module and the advances in that theme with the Senior Investigators. You will also attend the PARQ Consortium Meeting that will be held in theafternoons.
If you are interested to participate as a Young Investigator (< 35 years), please submit your application by 13 March 2023
A Young Investigator will be considered someone under the age of 35 years old on the day of the PARQ Action Training School.
Your application is a TWO PAGE document (Arial 10 or higher) which includes:
– Your name, date of birth, title, function and affiliation
– Your areas of research – 3 lines maximum
– Your three most important publications
– Summary of your ongoing work or of your proposal for work which has not started yet, that you want to present, and the module in which you will present – 1 page maximum
– Your ranking of interest in the other modules
– Your energy and motivation statement – 5 lines maximum
– Your opportunities for collaboration and continuity of research – 2 lines maximum
– Your time available for research activities – 2 lines maximum
The PARQ selection committee will be able to choose up to 21 Young Investigators from all applications received.
It is planned that those Young Investigators who have been selected will receive up to € 760 each to support the cost of travel and accommodation.
Please send you application to http://parq-cost.eu/contact/
We hope to meet you in Gargagno,
Hanno Tan, Bernd Böttiger, Giuseppe Ristagno, Jacob Tfelt-Hansen, Martin Jonsson, Enrico Baldi
on behalf of the PARQ Action members.