4th Pan-Hellenic Congress on Emergency Medicine – 19-21 October 2018, Athens
Due to their nature, workshops and pre-courses will be provided in only one language (English or Greek)
Advanced Airway Workshop (2 sessions)
1 – Friday 19 October 2018, 09:00 am, Panorama Hall
2 – Friday 19 October 2018, 14:30 pm, Panorama Hall
Duration: 4.5 hours
Number of participants: 24 x 2
Course directors: Rich Levitan, Jose Torres
A World-class workshop from a World-class faculty
- Direct / video-laryncoscopy
- Use of fiber-optic bronchoscopes
- Surgical airway
- Difficult airway scenarios
- By Emergency Physicians for Emergency Physicians
Basic Airway Course
Thursday 18 October 2018, 09:00 am, Attica Hall
Duration: 4.5 hours
Number of participants: 24
Course director: O. Fraidakis
For doctors, nurses and paramedics. Faculty consists of anesthetists with extensive experience of airway management in the emergency setting.
Includes brief lectures and hands-on practice on mannequins. Topics covered:
- Simple airway adjuncts
- Bag-valve-mask ventilation
- Use of supraglottic devices
- Endotracheal intubation / RSI
- Introduction to video-laryncoscopy
Emergency Pre-hospital Skills Course (2 sessions)
1 – Thursday 18 October, 14:30, Attica Hall
2 – Thursday 18 October, 17:00, Attica Hall
Duration: 2 hours
Number of participants: 20 x 2
Course director: A. Zygoura
Assessment algorithms and life-threatening treatment techniques used in pre-hospital settings are essential for any emergency medical practitioner. In this course, the participants will have the opportunity to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills regarding pre-hospital emergency care and transportation of the acutely ill.
Emergency Ultrasound Course
Thursday 18 Οctober 2018, 09:00 am, Panorama Hall
Duration: 8 hours
Number of participants: 18
Course director: Ν. Sbyrakis
This is the 4th Emergency Ultrasound Course organized in Greece by HeSEM. The course is intended for doctors of all emergency care related specialties. Our faculty of ED consultants, trained in Emergency Ultrasonography, has extensive experience in using ultrasound in the Emergency Department.
- Importance of Emergency Ultrasonography incorporation in ED every day practice.
- Knowledge acquisition on fundamentals and basic emergency ultrasound applications according to the European Emergency Medicine Core Curriculum
- Image acquisition and interpretation of the following applications: e-FAST, AAA, vascular access, echo in life support.
- Hands-on sessions, using modern ultrasound equipment
- Small groups of participants, in order to allow each participant ample time for practice
- Practice on live models and mannequins
- Didactic lectures
In order to be best prepared, the participants will receive the study material before attending the course.