Αξιότιμες κυρίες, αξιότιμοι κύριοι,
Η UNION EUROPÉENNE DES MÉDECINS SPÉCIALISTES/ EUROPEAN UNION OF MEDICAL SPECIALISTS (U.E.M.S.), ευρωπαϊκή ιατρική οργάνωση στην οποία ο Πανελλήνιος Ιατρικός Σύλλογος είναι τακτικό μέλος, ενημερώνει για την επανέναρξη της διαδικασίας επικύρωσης των ευρωπαϊκών διπλωμάτων ειδικότητας, μετά την πανδημία Covid-19, για όσους ιατρούς έχουν δώσει τις αντίστοιχες ευρωπαϊκές εξετάσεις.
Καταληκτική ημ/νία υποβολής αιτήσεων προς τη UEMS: 31/10/2023
Για περισσότερες πληροφορίες μπορείτε να ανατρέξετε στο παρακάτω κείμενο:
I hope this email finds you well. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, UEMS had temporarily suspended the diploma procedure; however, with the situation having gradually improved, we are now ready to resume this vital process to ensure the authenticity of UEMS diplomas, in the presence of a notary and the UEMS Secretary General, Dr João Grenho. We are therefore pleased to announce that the UEMS will be relaunching the UEMS diplomas authentication procedure on December 14th, 2023, with the participation of a public notary, at the Domus Medica Europaea.
We would like to draw your attention that the diploma authentication procedure at the UEMS Office is a simple confirmation of the authenticity of your diploma and not a legalization process. It serves to verify that you have fulfilled the most recent training requirements. While this confirmation does not add any specific value beyond attesting to your compliance with the latest European training standards, it can be beneficial in certain contexts.
To facilitate this process, we ask colleagues who wish to have their UEMS diploma authenticated to follow the procedure below:
1) The applicant sends the following documents to the UEMS Office (Ms Amelia Donighian, Rue de l’Industrie 24, 1040 Brussels, BELGIUM):
– The original UEMS diploma (please note that only diplomas issued by UEMS can be authenticated)
– A copy of the UEMS diploma
– A copy of a valid ID or passport
2) The applicant sends a scanned copy of his diploma and ID by email to [email protected] with details of postal address to which we will return the signed document. Please put as subject of the email “Authentication of UEMS Diplomas – supporting documents”. Failure to do so may prevent your application from being processed correctly. Provide sufficient details of the date on which you took the examination and the medical speciality.
3) The UEMS Office will then contact the organizers of the examination to confirm that the applicant has indeed passed the exam.
4) The UEMS Office will organize a meeting with the Notary to have the confirmed Diplomas signed on 14th December 2023.
5) The UEMS Office will then send back the original diplomas to the applicants or to someone duly mandated.
We kindly invite you to send the relevant documents by October 31st 2023 at the latest (date as per postmark) should you wish to have your diploma signed this year.
Please note that there will be an administrative charge for the authentication procedure itself 150 euros and an additional charge of 15 euros to cover the postal fees associated with sending the authenticated documents, payable by the candidate. Please indicate in your letter whether you would like your diploma returned to you by ordinary mail or by courier (the price will be communicated to you depending on the destination).
Once the Diploma is signed, we will issue an invoice and ask you to pay by bank transfer. Once the payment is received, we will return the document back to you.
We kindly ask you to distribute this communication to those who might be interested.
UNION EUROPÉENNE DES MÉDECINS SPÉCIALISTES
EUROPEAN UNION OF MEDICAL SPECIALISTS
Rue de l’industrie, 24 – BE 1040 Brussels │ +32 (2) 430 73 53